- Prochlorperazine 10 mg every 6 hours as needed for nausea and vomiting.
- Ondansetron 8 mg every 12 hours as needed.
CONSTIPATION PROTOCOL (NO ENEMAS, NO SUPPOSITORIES)
- Senokot 1 tab and Colace 100 mg 1 tab in the morning or twice a day as needed or
- Senokot-S (Senokot+Colace) 1-2 tabs daily or twice a day as needed.
- Miralax 1 capful daily as needed.
- If no bowel movement after 2-3 days, you may need a prescription laxative.
- Imodium (Loperamide) 2 mg tablets or capsules. 2 tablets after first bowel movement and then 1 tablet after each subsequent bowel movement but no more than 8 tablets in 24 hours.
- If no relief, you may need prescription medicine and IV hydration. Please call office or on call physician.
MOUTH SORE PREVENTION
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 cup of warm water. Swish and spit as needed. Make fresh daily. No mouthwash with alcohol.